Software made in Germany
Engelmann Media GmbH was founded in 1998 and has its head office in Dortmund. Main activity of the medium-sized company is developing and selling high-quality multimedia programs for the Windows-environment in the fields of "1:1 copy of media", "CD/DVD/Blu-ray recording and premastering", "Audio processing and playback", "Video processing up to high-definition" and "Backup".
Independent programs are being developed for partners in Germany, Japan, USA, France, Spain, Italy and Belgium and are merchandised in the respective countries. Several million units of the repeatedly awarded products have already been sold.
Overview on some of the current products:
Current press comments:
The format converter 2 is operated intuitively so that everybody can carry out the correct mouse clicks immediately. The method is the same for audio- and video files: you determine the target format, add the files to be converted, select the quality and the data is converted. A real "all-in-one device suitable for every purpose", providing the easiest handling.
PC Welt 06.02.09, Rating: 2,3
i-Studio 4 offers all you need to prepare music and videos for Apple iPhone & Co. At present, i-Studio 4 is unrivalled as far as variety of functions, equipment and user-friendliness are concerned!
"Music DVD on CD & DVD 3" stores songs from DVDs in MP3-format with just a few clicks [...]. Considerably cheaper than comparable programs.
Short history of the Engelmann Media GmbH:
- 1995: Start of developing DOS burning software
- 1996: Start of selling software for copying Play station 1 games via Internet; creation of one of the first commercial homepages in the German-speaking Internet.
- 1997: First mention in trade journals like PC Shopping, PC Welt or c't
- 1998: Publication of the Windows 95 compatible burning software "CDRWIN"
- 1998: Formation of the Engelmann Media GmbH
- 1999: The mark of 25,000 customers has been topped
- 1999: Entry into retail business and start of selling the software via Media-Markt, Karstadt, Saturn etc.
- 2000: First internationalisation by starting the distribution in Japan.
- 2001: New product series "MovieJack" for copying video-DVDs
- 2001: Development and distribution of 99 min CDs
- 2001: Worldwide start of exclusive distribution of 99min CDs via the "Disc4You" brand
- 2002: European market leader in the field of "Copying video-DVDs"
- 2002: Distribution start in USA, Benelux, France, England, Italy and Spain
- 2002: Aldi sells 120,000 versions of MovieJack within three days in Germany!
- 2002: Start of product series "GameJack" for copying computer games
- 2003: Amendment of copyright law in Germany, which makes the bypass of copy protection a punishable offence. This leads to a discontinuation of 90% of the company's products.
- 2003: More than 5,000,000 sold products
- 2004: Development of the AudioJack software, which is even presented in the Tagesschau, a famous German news magazine on TV
- 2005: Further development of the technology for burning optical mediums with Blu-ray support
- 2006: Change to .net 3 as development environment
- 2007: One of the first developers worldwide to bring commercial .net3 programs on the market (Media Markt etc.)
- 2009: Copy protection system for software-DVDs is published