Windows 8: We want our start button back!
Windows 8 redoes everything. But many users hardly believe their eyes: the start button on the task bar has disappeared. And a start menu cannot be found anymore. With all due appreciation for innovations: that won't do! The Windows-8 software Win8Starter therefore restores the old status quo and guarantees that the users of Windows 8 can start their daily PC-routine as usual.
- New app: Win8Starter
- Special software for Windows 8
- Retrieves start button and start menu
- Lists all the installed programs
- Grants access to control panel, printer etc.
- Full text search with intelligent pre-search
- Fast shut down of Windows 8
- Freeware version available
- Price: 4.99 Euro
- Link: http://www.win8starter.com
Windows 8 is the new great success, the new start for Microsoft, the future interface for modern touch screens and mobile computers.
Many users look forward to the new operating system. But with all due appreciation for innovations and new ideas: There is one thing that they don't want to miss in future and that is the familiar start button on the task bar. They are too much accustomed to this start for access to own programs, for opening the control panel or for shutting down the computer.
No problem: With Win8Starter, Engelmann Media provides Windows-8 software, which only needs to be installed to have the familiar start button and start menu back again. You can then go on working as usual - like in the previous Windows versions.
Win8Starter provides Windows nostalgia in new design. The software offers the following functions:
- Start button: The new start button on the task bar opens the start menu.
- Start menu: The structure of the start menu corresponds to the well-known start menu of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. Per drag and drop you can integrate program links to the main menu, in order to fill it with the favorite applications.
- Overview of all programs: The start menu lists of course all the already installed programs in a folder, as well as all the applications that are originally installed in Windows 8.
- Control panel: The classic links to system folders and system functions are still available in the new start menu. The user has fast access to control panel, printer module or folders like "Documents", "My pictures", "My music" and "Computer".
- Shut down Windows 8: It does not have to be complicated to shut down Windows 8. The familiar options "Shut down", "Switch user ", "Sign out", "Lock", "Restart", "Idle" and "Sleep" are now available again per mouse click.
- Full text search: The new start menu offers full text search with intelligent pre-search, which in most cases shows the results in installed programs, documents and control panel elements already when entering a search term.
- Extensive configuration: The Win8Starter settings dialog helps to adjust start button and start menu precisely to your demands.
Tim Stöpler of Engelmann Media GmbH: "Many Windows tools that the user often requires can be installed directly on the button bar by means of the Win8Starter. This includes for instance the Calculator, Editor, Task manager, Registry editor, Command line window, System information, Explorer or the Remote Desktop Link. Not even Windows 7 could do this so far."
Win8Starter 1.0 costs 4.99 Euro and only runs on 32- and 64-Bit versions of Windows 8. Users may well apply a freeware version of the software - without restriction in time. The freeware does not grant the user access to the "Settings"; you cannot add your own shortcuts and the start menu does not adjust automatically to the Windows-8 colors.
Important: A free 90-days test version of Windows 8 is available. Of course it also allows testing the new Win8Starter app.
Product information: http://www.win8starter.com
Made on 28.08.2012
Copyright (c) 1998 - 2013 Engelmann Media GmbH. All rights reserved.